This cheddar baked egg casserole starts with sharp cheddar cheese, green onion, and red bell pepper. Serve these baked eggs for breakfast or brunch along with sausage or bacon and toast and jam.
Farm fresh eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, red pepper and green onion make a colorful mix that tastes great and adds color to your breakfast table. I would recommend red pepper or another color pepper besides green as the color contrast is really what makes this dish. You already have green onion in here, so if you don’t have a red pepper, try orange instead.
I like how easy this recipe is to prepare. It took me about 20 minutes of prep time and the oven does the rest of the work. You can also partially prepare this the night before.
This egg recipe makes a generous 9″ x 13″ pan, enough to serve 6-8 people. These cheesy eggs can be made ahead the night before and baked in the morning or make them up fresh that day, if you are up early enough!
Serve them for breakfast or brunch with pork sausage, crisp fried bacon, and fresh fruit. Toast and your favorite flavored jam, jelly, or preserves pair well with this egg dish for a perfect morning treat. You can also make this for an easy weeknight meal.
Cheddar Baked Egg Casserole
Cheddar Baked Egg Casserole
- 1 Dozen eggs 12 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onion chopped
Baking Equipment Needed
- 9" x 13" glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Small bowl to melt butter
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or wooden mixing spoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a separate small bowl and then whisk in to the above mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" glass baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chopped red bell pepper and chopped green onion over the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn eggs gently with a spoon and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly on top of the mixture.
- Bake 30-45 minutes longer.
More Breakfast Eggs Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Egg and Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet
Easy Egg Casserole with Bacon and Herbs
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burritos