Make these easy scrambled egg breakfast burritos for a satisfying breakfast or brunch meal. They are made with scrambled eggs, Italian sausage, cheese and tomatoes.
If you like the breakfast burritos served at your local restaurants, why not try making them yourself at home? You can make these in about 30 minutes. This is a simple recipe and by making them yourself, you can save a lot of money and still provide a satisfying warm meal. You will also have the added benefit of homemade food, which in my opinion, just tastes better all around.
One of the things I like the best about this recipe is the color from the tomatoes and the green bell pepper. If you are leaving them out for some reason, try to think about other foods with similar colors that will produce the same variety of color and texture. Even when just making these at home, you want your food to have appeal along with tasting good.
You can customize the recipe with other items you may have on hand like red peppers, different cheeses, and also add a bit of spice if that is what your taste buds like. If you need to stretch this recipe for those hungry teens in your family, scramble up a few more eggs than the recipe calls for.
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1 Pound (16 ounces) ground bulk mild Italian breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter for cooking eggs
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package 8" flour tortilla shells (about 10 per package)
- Mild or medium Picante sauce
- In a 10" to 12" frying pan or skillet, brown the Italian breakfast sausage. Cool slightly and drain the excess fat. Discard the fat.
- Dice the fresh mushrooms, green pepper, and tomato. Place them each into separate dishes.
- Grate the cheese and set aside. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Scramble 6 eggs with 2 Tablespoons milk. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Place 2 Tablespoons butter into the pan and allow it to melt. Pour the eggs into the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until soft cooked and fully set. Place in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare the tortilla shells by warming them slightly over a burner, in the oven or in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Assemble the burritos by placing about 2 Tablespoons ground Italian sausage in the middle of one of the tortilla shells. Add your mushroom, green pepper, tomato, and cheese. Top with your favorite picante sauce and enjoy.