This egg hash brown skillet is a country style breakfast recipe made with hash brown potatoes, bacon, and cheese. Serve this egg recipe for breakfast or brunch.
Crisp crumbled bacon and sharp cheddar cheese add a nice flavor to the hash browns along with the green onions. A sprinkle of diced tomato as a garnish adds a bit of color to an easy family favorite.
Add some variety to your same old breakfast and brunch recipes and serve this hearty skillet breakfast for your next meal. This egg recipe could easily be served at any meal of the day.
Add toast and jam, muffins, or a quick bread and some fresh fruit for an easy breakfast recipe you will want to serve your family and guests.
You can also find other breakfast recipes on this page.
What Type Of Hash Browns To Use?
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
You can use a variety of hash brown potatoes in this recipe, depending what you have on hand.
Diced Hash Browns: You will have more of a true potato flavor with the diced version. You could also use seasoned hash browns for added flavor.
Shredded Hash Browns: I like these the best as they get nice and crispy.
Hash Brown Patties: If you are using hash brown patties, I would break them apart and crumble them up in the frying pan while they are frying.
Egg And Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet Recipe
Egg and Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups frozen shredded potato hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 1-16 ounce package of bacon fried, cooled, and crumbled
- 1/3 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1-2 firm ripe tomatoes chopped for garnish
- Heat 2-3 Tablespoons of butter in a nonstick frying pan on medium high heat, being careful not to let it burn.
- Add the potatoes and cook 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are browned, stirring once in a while. Spread out the potatoes to evenly cover surface of skillet. If the hash browns seem a bit dry, add 2-3 more Tablespoons of butter if necessary to fry the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly and then mix the eggs together with the crumbled bacon, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes evenly and spread it out to the edge of the pan. Reduce the heat on your skillet to medium low and then cover with a lid. Cook the eggs for about 10 minutes until the eggs are firm.
- Check frequently so the potatoes do not burn on the bottom of the frying pan.
- Remove from the stove and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Garnish with chopped ripe tomatoes and additional green onions.