A high protein tuna and cheese omelet recipe made with fresh eggs, tuna salad, and medium cheddar cheese. This is a good recipe if you want something fairly low carb. Serve for a hearty breakfast or brunch.
This is one of my favorite egg recipes that my husband created. I finally decided to try it, as I didn’t think tuna belonged in an omelet,but it is surprisingly good. It is also a nice change from a traditional western omelet.
The flavor of the tuna mellows when cooked and the cheddar cheese complements the tuna quite nicely.
You might think this is an odd combination of ingredients, but give it a try at least once to see what you think for yourself.
This egg recipe is very high in protein with the eggs, tuna, and cheese. There are also almost no carbohydrates, so it can work well for a low carb-high protein diet.
Tuna and Cheese Omelet Recipe
Tuna and Cheese Omelet
- 4 eggs
- 1 small can tuna
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Dash of salt
- Dash of Pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, break eggs and mix with a whisk. Set aside.
- Prepare the tuna salad in a separate mixing bowl by mixing the small can of tuna with the mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Shred the cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Spray a cold 10" stainless steel frying pan with non-stick vegetable cooking spray and then preheat for 4 minutes on medium heat. Test how hot the pan is by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. You should have a good sizzle, but not too hot.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk two of the eggs together.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the pan and let them cook until they are almost set up. The eggs should slide easily within the pan.
- Sprinkle the eggs with 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add in a spoon or two of the tuna and half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Slide the cooked egg out onto a plate. Place in microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese, then fold over in half with a pancake turner.
- Repeat the process for the second omelet.
More Breakfast Eggs Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Egg and Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet
Easy Egg Casserole with Bacon and Herbs
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burritos