A baked egg casserole recipe made with eggs, Swiss cheese, bacon, onion, and milk. Make this egg recipe ahead the night before or the same day and serve for breakfast or brunch.
One of the things I like best about this recipe is how simple and easy it goes together. Also, there is bacon in with the eggs! Yummy! There is nothing wrong with bacon both in the recipe and MORE bacon served on the side for a comforting morning breakfast, if you ask my humble opinion.
The touch of cayenne pepper in this recipe gives the eggs a nice flavor as well as the crisp bacon. The Swiss cheese forms a bubbly browned top crust.
If you know it will be a crazy morning, you can make this breakfast casserole ahead the night before, refrigerate and then bake it in the morning. This makes for a stress free breakfast or brunch!
When you have a large crowd to feed, you can easily add a few more eggs and milk to the recipe to stretch it to fit the number of guests. If you do that, just cut the pieces a bit smaller so everyone gets a piece.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Any leftovers will reheat well in the microwave.
Baked Egg Casserole Recipe
Baked Egg casserole Recipe
- 12 large eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon fried, and crumbled into small pieces
- 1/4 cup sweet onion or green onion chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and quickly whisk in to above mixture.
- Spray a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the dish and sprinkle the crumbled bacon and chopped onion over the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn eggs carefully with a spoon and then layer the Swiss cheese evenly on top of the mixture.
- Bake 30-45 minutes longer.