A quick and easy scrambled egg breakfast sandwich made with scrambled eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, chives and sandwich bread. Serve this panini sandwich for a fun weekend breakfast.
When you are unsure what to make for breakfast, try this unique way to serve scrambled eggs. It uses basic ingredients that you normally have in the pantry and you can serve a family of four in about 30-40 minutes. Serve with fresh fruit or juice on the side and a muffin to complete the meal.
I love using chives in this sandwich as they add the great flavor of onion without the crunch. It also adds a colorful aspect to the sandwich.
Choose Your Bread
You can also try a variety of breads for this sandwich in order to make it more of your own specialty. I used a buttermilk bread for the photo taken above because I like the firmer body of that particular bread, but you can also use a wheat or multi-grain bread and make this breakfast recipe a bit healthier.
Another idea is to add a small bit of a chunky tomato salsa on top of the eggs before putting the sandwich together. Watch how much salsa you add though or it may get a bit soggy.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
***Special thanks go out to Lisa from Crock Pot Recipes (link no longer working) for the submission of this delicious breakfast recipe. (She has a great collection of recipes made especially for the slow cooker including many meats, vegetables, and even desserts.) Please stop by and visit her site.
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 non-stick frying pan
- 1 sandwich maker or Panini press
- 8 slices of bread
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter chopped
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in one cup of hot water for about 10 minutes to rehydrate them. Drain the excess water, pat dry, and use a scissors to finely chop the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Pre-heat sandwich maker or panini press.
- Spray oil over one side of the slices of bread and place them, oil side down, on your work surface.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, chives, salt, and pepper. Add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Melt half of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat. When the butter starts to froth, pour in half the egg mixture. Cook for about one minute or until the eggs start to cook. Stir the eggs, from the outer edge of the pan to the center, continuing until the eggs are almost cooked.
- Spoon the egg mixture, dividing evenly onto 2 bread slices, top with another two slices, making sure the oil is on the outside.
- Place the sandwiches in the press and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- While the first two sandwiches are in the Panini press, fry the remaining scrambled egg mixture, using the last teaspoon of butter. Repeat the process with the remaining slices of bread.
More Breakfast Eggs Recipes
Egg and Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet
Easy Egg Casserole with Bacon and Herbs
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burritos