Cream Cheese Spread with Pineapple
A smooth cream cheese spread made with crushed pineapple, cream cheese and finely chopped nuts. Use as a spread or topping for bagels or muffins.
Who needs another dip recipe? I have another one for you in which I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. I wondered about the crushed pineapple in this recipe, and as it turned out the sweet/sour tang of the crushed pineapple offsets the cream cheese well.
You will be amazed at what you can use this versatile cream cheese spread for. Start with something traditional like bagels or muffins and then try it on a quick bread, pancakes, waffles, scones, or French toast.
You could use it as a fruit dip too. Start with slices of apple and let yourself get creative on a fruit platter selection. You can also try it spread on crackers or toast.
Since this dip has little color on its’ own, use a colorful tablecloth or kitchen towel underneath it to bring some color around the food or platter. Use a color that compliments or contrasts your kitchen decor.
Serve this in a beautiful vintage glass serving dish like these here on eBay.
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons drained crushed pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine the first four ingredients in a small or medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Drain and add the crushed pineapple and stir in with a spoon.
- Chop the nuts fine with a food chopper and stir them into the spread.
- Taste. 🙂
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or more to allow flavors to combine.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Store the unused fruit dip in the refrigerator.