A quick and easy sour cream fruit dip made with cottage cheese and sour cream and sweetened with honey. Serve with your favorite fresh fruits. Using honey as a sweetener makes this dip turn out silky smooth.
The flavors of coconut and grated orange peel complement just about any fruit including apples, strawberries, grapes, bananas, mangoes, and kiwi fruit.
You puree the cottage cheese in a blender to get the smooth consistency. You could also use an immersion blender to smooth out the cottage cheese.
This is one of my favorite ways to have fruit. There is just enough honey and confectioners sugar in the recipe to sweeten the fruit, but not be overbearing.
Serve this yummy dip with your favorite fruits that are in season and complement your breakfast or brunch with some color and additional pizazz.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Make this 2-3 hours ahead and refrigerate so the flavors have a chance to develop.
Sour Cream Fruit Dip Recipe
Sour Cream Fruit Dip
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped coconut
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange peel that has been finely grated optional
- 1/8 cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a kitchen blender, pulse and blend the cottage cheese just until smooth. This should take roughly 1 minute.
- Add in your sour cream and blend again.
- Add in the coconut, honey, orange peel, confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- Blend all ingredients well until very smooth.
- Spoon into a serving dish and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Serve this dip with a variety of fruit such as grapes, strawberries, bananas, kiwi fruit, or peach slices.