A cream cheese fruit dip made with cream cheese, brown sugar, and finely chopped nuts. Because you make it with brown sugar, it tastes just like a caramel apple. Serve this anytime with a variety of fresh fruit. It has a rich nutty flavor and texture.
Just about everyone loves fruit dip. It is easy to make when you are in a hurry and need to bring a treat. I liked this recipe quite a bit because it tastes just like caramel apples. The chopped nuts give a nice complementary flavor too.
One of the interesting things I have noticed is when you have a fresh fruit platter and dip set out around a table, that is where people will tend to congregate and keep making the rounds. So, if you are interested in striking up a conversation with someone, hang out by the fruit dip!
This is a quick and easy fruit dip recipe to bring anytime you need a fruit tray for brunch, an office gathering, or summer picnic.
To serve: Place the bowl of fruit dip in the center of a large platter and surround with various pieces of washed and cut fresh fruit such as apples, orange, banana, pineapple, kiwi fruit, star fruit, grapes or any other fruits you can think of.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Note: Make sure your cream cheese is soft and room temperature before adding the brown sugar, or it can get lumpy. Also, make sure your brown sugar is free from lumps by placing it in a small bowl first and taking a spoon to smooth out any lumps.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1-8 ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the softened cream cheese with a wooden mixing spoon or electric mixer so there are no lumps.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla and stir well until there is no graininess left from the brown sugar.
- Chop nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Keep 1 Tablespoon separate and add the rest of the nuts into the cream cheese mixture. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour dip into a serving bowl and top with the leftover Tablespoon of walnuts or pecans.
- Cover and chill for one hour so flavors have a chance to come together.