Homemade Raspberry Sauce for Desserts and Ice Cream
A flavorful homemade raspberry sauce recipe to serve over desserts and ice cream. Accent custards, chocolate cake, puddings, pancakes, ice cream sundaes and more.
Raspberries have a wonderfully intense flavor that brightens up a plain cake or dessert. You don’t need a lot to make an impact, both in flavor and presentation. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the taste of raspberries is over a dish good vanilla ice cream. The tartness from the berries complements the creaminess of the vanilla. It is also a favorite when paired with a dark chocolate dessert or plain cheesecake.
One of the things that many do not like is those small raspberry seeds, as they can get stuck in your teeth. By straining the sauce with several layers of cheesecloth, you can produce a smooth sauce that is quite versatile. This is a cooked sauce that will allow the fresh flavor of the raspberries to come through.
Looking for a different flavor? Find more dessert topping ideas.
No time to make your own? You can buy ready-made raspberry sauce on Amazon.
Homemade Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place raspberries in an electric blender, along with sugar and juice. You can also use a food processor or immersion blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour through a fine sieve or several layers of cheesecloth until the puree is clear and the seeds are removed. You may have to strain the sauce 2-3 times to catch all the seeds.
- Pour puree into a small to medium sized saucepan.
- Stir in the confectioner's sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Let cool and serve over your favorite dessert.
More Homemade Ice Cream Topping Recipes