A flavorful homemade raspberry sauce recipe to serve over desserts and ice cream. Accent custards, chocolate cake, puddings, pancakes, ice cream sundaes and more.
Raspberries have a wonderfully intense flavor that brightens up a plain cake or dessert. You don’t need a lot to make an impact, both in flavor and presentation. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the taste of raspberries is over a dish good vanilla ice cream. The tartness from the berries complements the creaminess of the vanilla. It is also a favorite when paired with a dark chocolate dessert or plain cheesecake.
One of the things that many do not like is those small raspberry seeds, as they can get stuck in your teeth. By straining the sauce with several layers of cheesecloth, you can produce a smooth sauce that is quite versatile. This is a cooked sauce that will allow the fresh flavor of the raspberries to come through.
Looking for a different flavor? Find more dessert topping ideas.
Homemade Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Homemade Raspberry Sauce for Desserts and Ice Cream
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place raspberries in an electric blender, along with sugar and juice. You can also use a food processor or immersion blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour through a fine sieve or several layers of cheesecloth until the puree is clear and the seeds are removed. You may have to strain the sauce 2-3 times to catch all the seeds.
- Pour puree into a small to medium sized saucepan.
- Stir in the confectioner's sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Let cool and serve over your favorite dessert.
More Homemade Ice Cream Topping Recipes
Butterscotch Sauce Recipe with Three Variations
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Rhubarb Sauce for Ice Cream and Desserts