Homemade Peach Sauce
This delicious homemade peach sauce recipe has a great combination of peaches, mandarin oranges, apricot preserves and Grand Mariner liqueur. It makes a great topping for waffles, crepes, pancakes, or French toast.
What a nice change from maple syrup on all of your breakfast items. It has a full bodied robust flavor with just a touch of that something extra special. Top with a dash or two of cinnamon and create a memorable dish that is sure to be requested again.
This easy homemade peach sauce recipe also tastes wonderful when warmed and spooned over vanilla ice cream for a delicious peaches and cream summery treat.
Another serving idea is to ladle some of the sauce over a slice of pound cake or angel food cake. Dress it up with a light dusting of powdered sugar or whipped cream. Super yummy!
You can also use fresh peaches if you have them available. Fresh fruit always tastes better.
Homemade Peach Sauce Recipe
- 1-16 ounce package of frozen peaches, thawed
- 1-11 ounce can of mandarin oranges
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Mariner Orange Liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, heat peaches, mandarin oranges and their liquids along with the apricot preserves.
- In a separate bowl, mix the liqueur and cornstarch.
- Pour into the peach mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring often and until slightly thickened.
- Serve warm.
More Pancake and Waffle Topping Recipes