An easy dark chocolate sauce recipe to make at home. Save the money and make your own homemade dark chocolate ice cream topping. Serve over vanilla ice cream and desserts like bread pudding.
This dark chocolate sauce is wonderful drizzled over pudding, crepes, eclairs, poached pears, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert. It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping for homemade ice cream!
If you are a fan of dark chocolate this recipe is for you.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
- Chocolate dessert sauces work great as a dip or fondue for strawberries, cherries, grapes or just about any other kind of fresh fruit.
- Spoon over pancakes, waffles, French toast, and crepes.
- Drizzle over turnovers, croissants and muffins.
- How about as a topping for pudding? Or place a spoonful into the bottom of a parfait dish and then add the pudding.
- Try stirring chocolate sauce into cream cheese and place in the center of a fruit tray to use as a dip.
Dark Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Dark Chocolate Sauce Recipe
This dark chocolate sauce recipe is wonderful drizzled over pudding, crepes, eclairs, poached pears, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert. It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping!
- Two-1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering water.
- Blend in the corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
- Add the cream and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cool slightly, and then stir in the vanilla.
- If not to be served immediately, keep hot by placing saucepan over a bowl of hot water.
More Homemade Ice Cream Topping Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Butterscotch Sauce Recipe with Three Variations
Homemade Dessert Topping Recipes
Homemade Raspberry Sauce for Desserts and Ice Cream
Rhubarb Sauce for Ice Cream and Desserts