An easy Italian pasta skillet dinner with Cavatappi pasta, Italian sausage, whipping cream, and parmesan cheese.
This is a favorite easy to make dinner in our house and a nice change from traditional casseroles. What makes this recipe especially tasty is the addition of whipping cream. There is something about the combination of the pork, tomatoes, and whipping cream that is really good.
Mushrooms are optional but we feel it adds a dimension of flavor and texture to the dish.
One of my newer discoveries is Cavatappi pasta. The large corkscrews are great for holding sauce. This pasta also works well for macaroni and cheese.
This recipe makes quite a bit as it serves at least 6, but you can cut the recipe in half if you need.
Easy Italian Pasta Skillet Recipe
Easy Italian Pasta Skillet
- 1 large pot for boiling pasta
- 1 large deep walled skillet with 3" sides
- 16 ounces Cavatappi pasta (medium shells or bowtie pasta can be substituted)
- 1 pound mild Italian ground pork sausage
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook the Cavatappi pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large, deep walled skillet, cook the Italian pork sausage until browned over medium heat. Drain any excess fat and place the pork back in the skillet.
- Add the diced tomatoes, mushrooms, whipping cream, and all seasonings and stir gently. Add in the cooked pasta and stir again. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Cook over low to medium heat until heated thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with grated fresh Parmesan cheese at the table.
Family Friendly Dinner Ideas
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
How To Make The Best Grilled Chicken
Homemade Chili Recipe With Kidney Beans
Grilled Beef And Veggie Kabobs
Corn Cheese Spaghetti Casserole
Brown Sugar Ham Glaze With Spices
Easy Mini Slider Cheeseburgers
Cheddar Cheese Meatloaf Recipe
Six Layer Grilled Chicken Burritos
Ground Beef Shepherds Pie Recipe