An easy cheddar cheesy meatloaf recipe made with ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion, and milk. Big chunks of cheddar cheese in the meatloaf give it added flavor. Find out how to make this easy meatloaf the entire family will love.
When was the last time you made homemade meatloaf? In my personal opinion meatloaf is the ultimate in home cooking. If you are looking for comfort food, this is it! Nothing says home cooked comfort like meatloaf and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
Easy cheesy meatloaf is my hands down all-time favorite meatloaf recipe because it involves no catsup. I dislike the taste of baked catsup and prefer meatloaf that tastes good, is moist, and can stand on its own without the need for catsup.
If you love cheese, this recipe will make your day! There is 1/2 pound of cheddar cheese baked right into the meatloaf. How awesome is that?
Serve with your favorite mashed potatoes. Gravy is optional and not necessary as this meatloaf tastes great on its own.
Also, because our family hunts, I often substitute one pound of venison in the recipe. I use one pound of venison and one pound of ground beef. Because venison is quite lean, there is less excess fat to drain off after baking. I would not recommend using 2 pounds of venison though, as you do need some of the fat from the ground beef to bring the flavors together and keep the meatloaf moist. So, give it a try if you have venison available to you.
Cheddar Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (80/20 mix)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ lb. medium or sharp cheddar cheese (cut into ½" cubes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beef, onion, bread crumbs, salt, paprika, celery salt, black pepper, eggs, and milk. Mix until combined well.
- Cut cheese into ½" cubes and fold in to the meat mixture.
- Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place meat mixture into pan and spread until even. Take a fork and poke it a few times to make sure there are no air holes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes once removed from the oven.
- Drain any excess fat from the loaf.
- Slice and serve with homemade mashed potatoes.
More Main Dish Dinner Ideas
Family Style Homemade Pizza
Homemade Chili Recipe With Kidney Beans
Homemade Fish Tacos
Six Layer Grilled Chicken Burritos
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes With Ham And Peas
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Make At Home Southern Fried Chicken
Easy Hamburger Casserole