Try these easy homemade burritos the next time you need a fun family meal or easy weeknight dinner.. Made with ground beef, re-fried beans, cheddar cheese, jalapenpeppers, and tomatoes, this is an easy dinner recipe designed to please even the pickiest of eaters.
You know those nights…the nights where you don’t have a clue what you are going to make for dinner. Instead of grabbing carry out, try these homemade burritos instead. In about 30-45 minutes you can have dinner on the table. Younger children can help with some of the preparation like shredding the cheese and older children can help slice the onion and tomatoes.
You can experiment with condiments to make these burritos as spicy or as mild as you would like. My son sticks with beef, cheese, and tomatoes on his burrito, while my husband loads on the jalapeno peppers and hot salsa. You can also add sliced black olives or chopped cilantro if you have them available.
You might also like these scrambled egg breakfast burritos.
Easy Homemade Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can re-fried beans
- 1 package 7-8" soft flour tortilla shells
- 1 jar pickled jalapenos
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- two small chopped tomatoes
- your choice of hot, medium, or mild salsa
- Finely chop the onion.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and ground beef to a frying pan. Fry on medium heat until the beef is fully browned.
- Chop the tomato and place in a separate dish.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and place in a separate dish.
- Open the can of re-fried beans and place in a microwave safe container. Heat 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Take a tortilla, spread a bit of the re-fried beans in the middle of the tortilla, place 2 tablespoons of ground beef on top of the re-fried beans, and then top with your favorite condiments like tomato and cheese.
- Serve with pickled jalapenos, sour cream, and salsa.
More Main Dish Dinner Ideas