An easy homemade chocolate sauce for ice cream and desserts made with cocoa, corn syrup, and evaporated milk for a smooth and creamy ice cream topping.
This is a classic ice cream topping that is delicious on not only ice cream, but other desserts as well.
Also try it drizzled on pound cake, cheese cake, pudding, or as a dip for fruits or strawberries.
There is also a variation for a maple chocolate sauce below that is delicious too. Anyone that likes maple and chocolate will love this recipe.
Homemade Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons (5-oz. can) evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar and cocoa in small saucepan; stir in evaporated milk and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring until butter is melted. Serve warm.
Maple Chocolate Sauce Variation
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon maple flavor
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar and cocoa in small saucepan; stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Add butter and salt, stirring until butter is melted. Stir in maple flavor and vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- About 1-1/3 cups sauce.