A quick and easy banana bread recipe made with mashed bananas, eggs, milk, and butter. Serve this tasty banana bread for breakfast, brunch, a light snack, or dessert.
This bread has less sugar than some recipes. That way the flavor of the bananas can come through. Serve this dessert bread warm with a pat of butter on top or just plain. It is good either way.
This is a simple and easy banana bread recipe that can also help to teach basic baking skills to younger children. They will love helping mash up the bananas! Pack a slice of this quick bread in their school lunch for a homemade treat.
Find more quick bread recipes like this easy banana bread recipe.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is from my mom’s recipe box collection.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8" x 4" x 3" metal loaf pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and milk and beat well.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and chopped nuts.
- Pour into your greased and floured loaf baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown and just starting to pull away from the edges of the baking pan. Test with a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.