An easy roasted asparagus recipe to make with fresh asparagus, butter, salt, pepper and garnished with lemon. Serve this vegetable recipe for a wonderful brunch menu or complement beef, pork or chicken. Roasting asparagus in the oven is one of the easiest way to prepare asparagus.
Cooking asparagus does not have to involve a lot of different equipment. This recipe utilizes a standard size glass baking dish.
Learning how to cook asparagus doesn’t have to be frustrating. There is really no wrong method, whether it be steaming, boiling, or baking. The asparagus recipe below only needs about 15 minutes preparation time and comes out of the oven tasting great.
If you are lucky enough to have an asparagus patch, you know that once this vegetable starts producing in the spring time, you will have a refrigerator full and you will be looking for recipes or donating the extra to your neighbors of family members.
Easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 15-20 asparagus spears
- 2 Tablespoons water
- coarse ground sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Sliced lemon
- Wash and break off or cut diagonally the ends of the asparagus at the point where they break off easily.
- Peel just the bottom of the stalks with a potato peeler.
- Place in a single layer in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish or wrap a a metal cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Add water; dot with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and serve immediately.
- Garnish each serving with a sliced lemon.