A quick and easy banana bread recipe made with mashed bananas, eggs, milk, and butter. Serve this tasty banana bread for breakfast, brunch, a light snack, or dessert.
This bread has less sugar than some recipes. That way the flavor of the bananas can come through. Serve this dessert bread warm with a pat of butter on top or just plain. It is good either way.
This is a simple and easy banana bread recipe that can also help to teach basic baking skills to younger children. They will love helping mash up the bananas! Pack a slice of this quick bread in their school lunch for a homemade treat.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is from my mom’s recipe box collection.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8" x 4" x 3" metal loaf pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and milk and beat well.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and chopped nuts.
- Pour into your greased and floured loaf baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown and just starting to pull away from the edges of the baking pan. Test with a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List