A homemade cranberry bread recipe made with fresh cranberries, orange juice, and chopped nuts. Serve for breakfast, brunch, or a holiday dessert.
This cranberry bread is full of flavor because of the fresh orange juice and grated orange rind.
Sweet-tart cranberries make a delicious quick bread to serve for breakfast, brunch, part of a special Thanksgiving or Christmas brunch menu.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Serve warm or cold with a pat of butter or softened cream cheese spread on top.
Homemade Cranberry Bread Recipe
- juice and grated rind of 1 medium orange
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- boiling water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 8" x 4" x 3" metal loaf baking pan and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, place the juice of 1 orange and its grated rind. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter and enough boiling water to make ¾ cup. Pour into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk one egg, slightly beaten into the orange juice mixture.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the liquid into it. Stir to combine, just until moistened.
- Fold in the cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf baking pan. Let stand 20 minutes before baking. During this time preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in the baking pan and then turn out onto a wooden or wire rack and finish cooling.
More Quick Bread Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List