A pumpkin raisin bread recipe made with pumpkin and flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, raisins and walnuts. Serve for brunch, dessert, or a snack.
What says fall better than pumpkin and the spices like ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg that go with it? This is a nice treat for any occasion like a fall brunch, Thanksgiving, or dessert. If you love the flavor of pumpkin, more than likely you will want to enjoy it more often than just Halloween.
This loaf smells so good when just out of the oven and cooling on a wire rack. It fills your kitchen with the fragrances of fall.
Put it in the oven on a crisp fall day, light a candle and enjoy a slice warm with a good book.
Cut the loaf into small, thin slices and serve it as part of a brunch menu. You can also serve it for afternoon coffee or dessert. Enjoy it with a mug of hot apple cider.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
You can leave the raisins and walnuts out if you dislike them or have allergies, but I find the raisins add to the entire flavor of the bread. So, that is up to you. This quick bread is delicious without either of those ingredients.
Serve this pumpkin bread warm with real dairy butter or try this fantastic cream cheese spread.
Pumpkin Raisin Bread Recipe
Pumpkin Raisin Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup cooked or Libby canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs unbeaten
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 cup Diamond chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan with non-stick vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, canned pumpkin, salad oil, water, and eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until done when tested. Turn out on a wire or wooden rack and cool thoroughly.