An old-fashioned strawberry bread recipe made with mashed fresh strawberries, a touch of cinnamon and topped with a vanilla powdered sugar glaze.
What a great way to use up fresh strawberries that might have become a bit too ripe for other recipes! You mash the berries and incorporate them into the batter so you get bits of strawberry in every bite.
Because this bread uses sweeter ingredients you can also serve this as a dessert bread in place of heavier desserts for a summer dinner. It can be served for a snack, with coffee, as a dessert, or as part of a summer brunch menu.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
The glaze is poured over the hot bread and soaks into the bread, keeping it moist and making it just slightly sweet. To me the glaze makes this bread special.
Although it tastes great on its own with a bit of butter, you also tastes fantastic with a smear of this cream cheese spread.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Because this quick bread recipe makes 2 loaves, you can easily freeze one the loaves if you will not be eating both all at once. You could also give the second loaf to a nice neighbor or someone else that would appreciate the gift.
Serving Ideas: Serve this summery strawberry recipe as part of your favorite breakfast or brunch menu with creamy scrambled eggs, ham with ham glaze, and fruit filled cantaloupe.
Old-Fashioned Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 3 eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Mash the strawberries in a separate bowl.
- Add the sugar, mashed strawberries, and oil to the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the berry mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 greased 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pans on a wire rack.
- Mix together all ingredients for the powdered sugar glaze. Poke holes into the top of the bread with a pencil and pour the glaze evenly over the still hot strawberry loaves.
- Allow the bread to cool completely. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
You may divide the recipe in half if you only want one loaf of bread. This bread freezes well.