A favorite banana bread recipe from my grandmother made with ripe bananas, butter, sugar, eggs, and nuts.
Serve this quick bread with butter or cream cheese spread for breakfast, brunch, a mid-day snack, or dessert.
This banana bread recipe has a light, delicate crumb and has quite a bit of banana flavor because you use 3 large bananas in the recipe.
The chopped nuts are optional, but do add a nice amount of flavor to the bread.
This quick bread tastes good either warmed up or served cold. It is a family favorite in our house and this recipe gets made around our house quite frequently.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Fresh dairy butter makes a great spread or just eat it plain. This recipe for cream cheese spread makes a tasty topping as well. Fresh fruit also serves as a nice complement to a quick bread for a brunch menu.
This recipe is from my grandma’s recipe box collection.
**To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf 5 minutes before baking time is over. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done. You can also visually check if the bread is done by looking for a nice medium brown color and also checking that the bread has pulled away from the edges of the baking pan.
Grandma’s Favorite Banana Bread Recipe
Grandma's Favorite Banana Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup mashed bananas about 3 large extra ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream the sugar, butter,salt until smooth.
- Add eggs, and stir to incorporate.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the 3 tablespoons boiling water. Add to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Stir the banana mash into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Add flour and nuts. Mix well.
- Place in greased baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
More Quick Bread Recipes
Strawberry Bread Recipe With Cinnamon And Vanilla Glaze
Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Bread