An orange buttermilk smoothie made with fresh buttermilk, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar. Serve this smoothie recipe for a quick and easy breakfast on the go or as part of a brunch menu.
This fruit smoothie is quick and easy and doesn’t need a blender, so there is less cleanup. Just whisk everything together and you are ready to pour it in your favorite glass for a quick morning pick me up.
The tang of fresh buttermilk and fresh orange juice are a great combination that will be just the right thing to get you moving in the morning! If you don’t care for the flavor of buttermilk, you can substitute whole or skim milk instead – the result will just be a bit sweeter.
Serve this orange buttermilk smoothie to the family in the morning when everyone is rushing around and short on time. If you don’t use all of it right away, just refrigerate what is left and give it a quick whisk the next day. It will keep fresh for 2-3 days. You can easily double the recipe if you wish.
More Smoothie Recipes
Hey! Do you want to know a great source for smoothie recipes? Check out these smoothie recipe cookbook digital downloads on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Orange Buttermilk Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups chilled fresh buttermilk
- 2 cups chilled orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Step 1: In a medium sized pitcher, stir the fresh buttermilk and orange juice together briskly with a whisk.
- Step 2: Add lemon juice and sugar. Stir until dissolved and slightly frothy, a few minutes.
- Step 3: Serve in tall bar glasses.
- Makes 4 (8 ounce) servings.