Try this creamy banana smoothie recipe made with fresh bananas, cream, and orange juice. This quick and easy smoothie recipe is a great breakfast choice for a busy morning on the go.
Make this for breakfast, brunch, or an after school snack. It is filling and helps get you through the day without feeling tired.
This recipe is quick and easy and only takes a few minutes to whip up, which is good because mornings can be a busy time of day.
Using heavy cream instead of milk gives this smoothie a rich silky taste. Whole milk or skim milk works just fine, but the drink will lose some of its flavor.
Another option is to substitute the heavy cream with a non-dairy product like almond milk for those of you that want or need to stay away from dairy products.
You can also go ahead and make this breakfast drink the night before. Just refrigerate the blender container and give it a quick whip in the morning and it will be ready to serve.
Be sure to double the recipe, as your family will have this one disappearing quickly!
More Smoothie Recipes
Hey! Do you want to know a great source for smoothie recipes? Check out these smoothie recipe cookbook digital downloads on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Creamy Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 scoops fine ice
- 2 small bananas
- 8 oz. heavy cream (or half and half)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 oz. simple syrup** (recipe follows)
- To make the simple syrup, combine equal portions of white granulated sugar and water (1 cup of each) in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until dissolved. Cool to room temperature for use. Refrigerate any simple syrup leftovers.
- In a blender combine the banana, cream, orange juice and simple syrup.
- Blend on high speed until frothy.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with a leftover banana slice, strawberry or orange wedge. A mint leaf or two will add color as well.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.