A flavorful baked spinach recipe made with frozen spinach, sour cream, onion soup mix, and Parmesan cheese. This vegetable recipe is high in nutrients such as vitamin A, many of the B vitamins, and also vitamins C, E, and K.
The addition of onion soup mix gives a nice amount of flavor to this dish and the sour cream helps hold the spinach together. This is one of those recipes that you may be unsure about, but it turned out surprisingly flavorful. If you like spinach, this is a different way to serve it.
Serve this as part of a savory brunch menu or as a vegetable side dish for dinner. It pairs well with just about any type of protein including pork, ground beef, or steak.
Baked Spinach Recipe
- 3 packages, frozen, chopped spinach (10-ounce package size)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package dried onion soup mix
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, or more
- Take spinach out of the freezer the night before. When it has been thawed, place it between layers of paper towels and squeeze the water out of it until dry.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the spinach, sour cream, and soup mix.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir until well combined.
- Spray a 9" x 9" square baking dish or round 1-1/2 quart glass casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and press the spinach mixture flat with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, at 350 degrees.