These easy oven roasted vegetables use carrots, parsnips, potatoes, squash, and peppers for a colorful addition to your dinner table. Seasoned with only salt, pepper, and parsley the true flavor of the vegetables come through.
Serve them with fish, chicken, or beef for a healthy weeknight dinner idea. They are also economical and a great alternative to frozen vegetables.
Need a good vegetable peeler? This is the one I use…
The OXO classic Swivel Peeler withstands the test of time.
The sharp, stainless steel blade glides through even the toughest fruit and vegetable skins with ease, removing the peel without wasting fruit.
Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 pound bag whole carrots, peeled or scrubbed
- 2-3 whole parsnips, peeled
- 2 whole uncooked potatoes, peeled
- 1 small acorn squash, peeled
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the carrots diagonally into 1 inch thick slices.
- Peel and cut the parsnips diagonally into 1 inch thick slices.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel, seed, and cut the squash into 1 inch cubes.
- Remove the seeds and pulp from the red and green bell peppers. Cut into 1 inch thick pieces.
- The vegetables will shrink during roasting so try to keep all of the vegetable pieces to a uniform size.
- Place on 2-3 baking sheet pans. Drizzle olive oil over all vegetables.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables.
- Toss and coat well with a large spoon.
- Roast for 20 minutes and check if fork tender. If not add another 10-20 minutes baking time.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Toss and serve warm.
More Vegetable Recipes