Do you love Taco Bell’s crunchwraps? Find out how to make your own homemade crunchwrap supreme for a great family dinner.
I don’t eat a lot of fast food, but when I do, Taco Bell is one of my favorite places. I love their selection and how innovative they are in their food. One of the things our family loves is to recreate some of those dishes and this one turned out great.
My son and husband love this meal and it has become a go-to favorite for a fun weekend dinner.
The only recommendation I have is to eat them right away. The leftovers will still taste good, but they won’t stay crunchy.
Check out the step-by-step photos or scroll to the bottom for the recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef (85/15 or leaner)
- 1 ounce package Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 (10-pack) of La Banderita Extra Large flour tortilla shells (dinner plate size)
- 1 package Crunchy Corn Tostadas
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Taco Bell Mild Queso Sauce
- 2-3 Diced Roma Tomatoes (diced tiny)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bottle Taco Bell Fire Sauce
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a frying pan.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and water to the ground beef as directed on the seasoning package. Cook until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and place in a separate bowl to cool.
- Take one of the flour tortilla shells and fold it in half. Take out one tostada to use as a circle template. With a small paring knife, cut circles out of the flour tortilla shell. See photos above. Make 6 circles and set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, warm up the queso sauce so it is spreadable. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and set aside.
- Shred the cheddar cheese if necessary and set aside.
- Stir the sour cream container and set aside.
- Place a large flour tortilla on a flat surface.
- Place a scoop of ground beef mixture and spread in a small circle.
- Spread the queso cheese sauce over the ground beef.
- Cover beef and cheese with a crunchy tostada shell.
- Spread sour cream over the tostada shell.
- Sprinkle Tomatoes over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle cheese over the sour cream and tomatoes.
- Place the flour tortilla center on top.
- Begin folding the crunchwrap and continue folding so that it has six sides.
- Place crunchwrap in a frying pan on medium head and fry for a minute or two. It will brown quickly, so do watch it closely.
- Fllip and fry on the second side for an additional minute or two.
- Place on serving plate and continue to fry the remaining crunchwraps.
- Serve with Taco Bell Fire Sauce on the table.