This recipe for homemade apple nut bread is made with apples, sour cream, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
Fill the house with the wonderful aroma of this fresh apple nut bread baking in the oven. Everyone in your household will be waiting for it to come out of the oven and cool down enough to eat.
Finely chopped pecans add a delicate nutty flavor to this quick bread. I personally like pecans better than walnuts, but you can use whatever you have around in the house. Just be sure your nuts are fresh.
Serve this either warm or cold for breakfast, lunch, a snack, or as part of a weekend brunch menu. If you are serving this warm, a bit of softened butter is all you need. If being served cold, try this cream cheese spread for a great taste combination.
Find more quick bread recipes.
Apple Nut Bread Recipe
This recipe is from my grandmother’s recipe box collection.
- ¼ cup soft butter
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large apples, peeled and grated
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, sour cream and grated apples.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring well.
- Stir in the finely chopped pecans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.