A light and delicate crab quiche recipe made with fresh spinach, mushrooms, crab meat and Swiss cheese. You can also find other quiche recipes like this crab quiche recipe here.
This is a nice crustless quiche to serve for brunch or a late breakfast. It is also hearty enough for an evening dinner. Flaked crab meat gives a light delicate flavor that blends well with the Swiss cheese.
One of the nice things about this dish is that it forms its own crust because you use baking mix in with the egg mixture.
This recipe is one of my own creations. I had a bag of spinach leaves and fresh mushrooms around and thought they would be a nice addition to the standard crab quiche. I was pleasantly surprised how well all of the flavors came together. The fresh spinach adds color to this crab dish and additional nutritional value.
Using a shallot in place of a standard onion gives this dish just enough flavor without being too overpowering.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “quiche-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks for Quiche Pans”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “9b2e3e195308b67594796507b998dab8”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B0006BDCY4,B001HSO22Q,B0016N1TPA,B00004RFPV”;
Amazon Prime Pantry
Did you know you can get your favorite pantry and household items shipped straight to your door in 2 days with Amazon Prime? Purchase groceries, snacks, household items, and office supplies right from the comfort of your own home. How easy is that! This is a great solution if you are a busy mom or live far away from your favorite shopping retailers. Plus, you can try Amazon Prime free for 30 days. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Crustless Crab Quiche Recipe With Spinach, Mushrooms, And Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9-1/2" glass baking dish or pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear the fresh spinach into small pieces and line the bottom of the baking dish with all of the spinach.(Save back 5-6 whole leaves for the top of the quiche.)
- Slice the mushrooms into thin slices. (Save out a handful for the top of the quiche). Place a tightly packed single layer of mushrooms over the bed of spinach.
- Dice the shallot very fine and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Drain the two cans of crab meat very well and layer evenly over the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the shredded Swiss cheese over the crab meat.
- Finish the top as a garnish with the remaining mushroom slices and whole spinach leaves.
- In a medium to large sized mixing bowl, break four eggs and whisk slightly. Add in the heavy cream and whisk again. Add the milk, baking mix, salt, and pepper and whisk until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish evenly.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until the pie is golden brown around the edges and the eggs are set in the center.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.