This recipe for cinnamon apples is made from crisp fall apples and cinnamon candies cooked on the stove.
Served warm, they are the perfect accompaniment to a hearty harvest breakfast or brunch. The beautiful red color will add a nice contrast to your table.
The heavy aroma of cinnamon and apple simmering on the cook top just seems to say fall is here! When your guests walk in they will be greeted with the heavenly aromas wafting out of your kitchen.
Because you simmer the apples in the melted cinnamon candies, they turn out soft and have a heavy cinnamon flavor.
This fruit recipe is easy to make and tastes great served over waffles or pancakes. You could also serve it as a fruit side dish for a fall or winter holiday meal.
The cinnamon spice adds just a little something special to your meal. If fact, you could use this apple recipe to put on top of your cinnamon apple waffles or buttermilk pancakes instead of a traditional maple syrup.
Find more ideas for pancake and waffle toppings like these cinnamon apples.
Cinnamon Apples Recipe
- 4-6 crisp fall apples
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 10-12 ounces cinnamon red hot candies
- Peel, core and slice the apples thin.
- In a medium saucepan over low to medium heat, combine sugar, water, and cinnamon red hot candies. Dissolve the candies.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add your apples and simmer them in the sauce for 20-30 minutes, turning apples occasionally.
- When the sauce thickens, serve the apples warm in individual dessert cups as a fruit side dish or use it to top your homemade pancakes or waffles.