Fresh fruit skewers are made with apple, pear, pineapple, grapes, and strawberries with a light vanilla honey glaze drizzled over the top. The honey glaze adds just the right bit of sweetness to make these fruit chunks disappear quickly.
When you need a fun snack idea for school age children during summer vacation, get them involved with helping put the fruit on the skewers while you mix up the honey glaze.
These fruit skewers are bright and colorful and also look great on a brunch buffet.
The glaze also allows the beautiful bright colors of the fruit to shine through. What a great way to serve summery fresh fruit!
Chunks of fresh strawberries, pineapple, grapes, apples and pear are gently sweetened with honey and flavored with a hint of vanilla. Your children will think this is a very special treat.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Serve this as a fun fruit recipe alternative for your breakfast or brunch menu.
Fresh Fruit Skewers Recipe
Fresh Fruit Skewers with Vanilla Honey Glaze
- 12 Wooden Skewers 12" long
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 medium sized pear
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-8 ounce can pineapple chunks drained or use fresh pineapple
- 24 grapes seedless, red and green
- 2 dozen ripe red strawberries
Vanilla Honey Glaze
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut and peel both the apple and pear into 1 inch chunks.
- Toss the apple and pear chunks with lemon juice to keep them from turning dark.
- Drain the pineapple chunks to remove the juice.
- Separate each of the fruits into 12 individual portions.
- Alternate fruits by threading onto the 12 wooden skewers.
- Place honey and vanilla in a smaller glass microwave safe bowl. Heat just long enough for honey to be able to be stirred, about 20 seconds. Do not overheat the honey! Stir the vanilla and honey together.
- Divide equally and pour into 6 small bowls and serve along with the fresh fruit skewers.
- Makes 12 skewers. Serves 6.
More Fruit Recipes