An easy breakfast pizza made with a crescent roll crust and topped with Italian sausage, cheese, eggs, and red and green bell peppers. Serve for breakfast or as part of a brunch menu.
This is an easy to make pizza for breakfast that can feed at least four family members. It is not too spicy and tastes best fresh out of the oven when the cheese is warm and melted.
I love all of the colors showing through from the red and green bell peppers. Although red peppers may cost more at certain times of the year, it brightens up this dish and I would recommend using both red and green peppers.
Serve it with coffee, fruit juice or a serving of fresh fruit for a quick and easy breakfast on the go. You can also use this breakfast pizza as part of a brunch menu by cutting the pizza into about 12 thin slices.
“Thinking about making this for coming Sunday Ladies Brunch at church and cookie trade hmmmm what to make what to do.” – Patricia P. via FB
Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- ½ pound bulk ground pork sausage or 8 pork sausage links, sliced
- 1 cup frozen Southern style diced potatoes, thawed
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open both packages of crescent rolls and place on an ungreased 12" round non-stick pizza pan. Work the dough by pressing it together on the bottom of the pan. Build up the outer edge slightly, so your filling will stay in place and make sure to seal any perforations on the bottom of the pan.
- In a small frying pan or skillet, using medium heat, cook the sausage until done. Drain any excess fat. Cool slightly.
- Seed and chop the red and green peppers and set aside.
- Layer crust in this order: cooked sausage, potatoes, peppers, and cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and pepper together in a small bowl and pour over the pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. Look for the eggs to be completely set up and the crust to be golden brown.