This triple cheese potato casserole is made with three different types of cheese, sour cream, and hash brown potatoes. Try these cheesy potatoes for breakfast or brunch. You can also find more ideas like this potato casserole here.
One of the things I like about these potatoes is the color from the green onions and the pimento. Generally potato dishes are rather bland looking, but these have a nice bit of color to them. When you are putting together a meal, even if it is just for your family, having a variety of colorful foods on the table just makes everything seem more appetizing.
Aside from the color, the best thing about these potatoes is the three different types of cheese that go into this dish. Cheddar, Swiss, and Parmesan cheese give these potatoes a great flavor. Cream of chicken soup and sour cream ties everything together.
This recipe is easy to make and requires little prep time because you use prepackaged hash browns, eliminating the need to cook potatoes for this recipe.
These savory potatoes are a welcome change from the old standbys for dinner.Serve this as a side dish with just about any meat, fish, or poultry.
You can also serve this as a breakfast casserole for a hearty breakfast or brunch. Pair it with eggs, sliced ham, pork or beef and some fresh fruit. This savory dish is a nice alternative to the traditional breakfast sweets, like doughnuts or coffee cakes.
Triple cheese potato casserole pairs well with fruits, vegetables and lighter menu items. You might also like this hash brown casserole too.
Triple Cheese Potato Casserole
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- ¾ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (30-32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 ounces diced pimientos
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and pepper. Blend well.
- Stir in the potatoes, onions, pimientos and all cheeses.
- Spoon into an 8" x 8" glass baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake uncovered @ 375 degrees for 60 to 75 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.