This cheddar baked egg casserole starts with sharp cheddar cheese, green onion, and red bell pepper. Serve these baked eggs for breakfast or brunch along with sausage or bacon and toast and jam. You can also find more egg recipes here.
Farm fresh eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, red pepper and green onion make a colorful mix that tastes great and adds color to your breakfast table. I would recommend red pepper or another color pepper besides green as the color contrast is really what makes this dish. You already have green onion in here, so if you don’t have a red pepper, try orange instead.
I like how easy this recipe is to prepare. It took me about 20 minutes of prep time and the oven does the rest of the work. You can also partially prepare this the night before.
This egg recipe makes a generous 9″ x 13″ pan, enough to serve 6-8 people. These cheesy eggs can be made ahead the night before and baked in the morning or make them up fresh that day, if you are up early enough!
Serve them for breakfast or brunch with pork sausage, crisp fried bacon, and fresh fruit. Toast and your favorite flavored jam, jelly, or preserves pair well with this egg dish for a perfect morning treat. You can also make this for an easy weeknight meal.
Cheddar Baked Egg Casserole
- 1 Dozen eggs (12 eggs)
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, chopped
- Baking Equipment Needed
- 9" x 13" baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Small bowl to melt butter
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or wooden mixing spoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a separate small bowl and then whisk in to the above mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" glass baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chopped red bell pepper and chopped green onion over the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn eggs gently with a spoon and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly on top of the mixture.
- Bake 30-45 minutes longer.