A corn salad recipe made with baby corn, green and red pepper, onion, celery, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing and topped with corn chips. Serve this cold vegetable salad for a picnic or as a side dish. You can also find other ideas for cold salads here.
When I think of summer, this is one recipe that makes its way to the top of the pile. Fresh bits of corn bursting with flavor pop in your mouth when you take a bite. This salad has a lot of crunch and flavor from the fresh vegetables alone.
One of the best parts of this recipe is the corn chips. Crunchy Fritos Chili Cheese corn chips add a nice flavor to the salad, as well as added crunch. The dressing uses dry ranch dressing mix and mayonnaise for a smooth, mellow flavor.
I think this is a refreshing cold corn salad that pairs well with a quiche or breakfast casserole for brunch. You can also serve it for lunch or dinner with a sandwich or hamburger as an alternative to French fries. You can also use this for a potluck recipe or take it along for an office pig-out day or a picnic.
I recommend using fresh corn if you have it available, as it adds to the wonderful flavor of this corn salad, but you can also make this any time of year with frozen corn from your garden or purchased from the grocery store.
Crunchy Corn Salad Recipe Topped With Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- 2-16 ounce packages frozen baby corn (thawed)
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped green or red onion
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 4 Tablespoons dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 10-ounce package Chili Cheese Fritos Corn Chips (you can substitute regular Fritos also)
- Thaw frozen corn and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop red and green peppers, onion, and celery. Add to the corn.
- Add ½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip and 4 Tablespoons dry Ranch dressing mix.
- Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Right before serving, add the 10-ounce package of chili cheese Fritos Corn Chips, crushed and mix well. You can also place a few on top of the salad for a finishing touch.