A classic pesto pasta salad made with Rotini pasta, basil pesto, green olives, pine nuts, cherry tomatoes, peas, and fresh basil. Serve as a side dish or bring to a picnic.
What do you bring to the family picnic or work potluck when you just want something different? Try this flavorful pasta salad! I have brought this salad to many gatherings and it is always a hit. It tastes great on its own and pairs well with grilled favorites like chicken, bratwurst, and hamburgers.
This is a simple flavorful combination of ingredients which allows the basil pesto flavor to stand out.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Classic Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1-12 ounce box uncooked tri-color Rotini Pasta
- 8 ounces prepared basil pesto
- ¼ cup chopped green olives with pimento
- 1-2.25 ounce package pine nuts
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
- Following the box directions, cook the pasta according to package directions. I add a teaspoon of salt to the water along with a bit of olive oil once the water has reached a rolling boil but before you add in the pasta. I find it helps to keep the pasta from sticking. Cook until al dente (cooked but still firm.)
- Drain pasta with cold water and place in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the prepared basil pesto, chopped green olives, pine nuts, thawed peas, cherry tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and chill until ready to eat. This also tastes good at room temperature.
More Cold Salad Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List