A fresh summer corn salad made with corn, green pepper, onion, celery, and red kidney beans. It has a savory sweet mustard dressing.
This is such a beautiful summer salad for showing off your garden harvest. The colors of the kidney beans and corn show through nicely as the dressing is fairly transparent, but still adds a nice touch of flavor.
Although the dressing is on the savory side, the combination of mustard, sugar, and vinegar mellows when cooked. So, the resulting flavor of the dressing is not as strong or as sweet as you might think.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
On those hot summer days, sometimes a cold vegetable salad tastes better than a heavy meal. You can serve this with any type of meat like hamburgers, steaks, or chicken. It looks great on the dinner or brunch table .
For portion sizes, think of this corn salad as similar to cole slaw. Everyone will take a small serving, so even though I listed this as making 12 servings, it could stretch as far as serving 20-24 people.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Make this salad 3-4 hours before or make-ahead the night before.
You might also like this corn salad recipe. It is a bit different and has crushed corn chips.
Fresh Summer Corn Salad Recipe
- 1-12 ounce package frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small mild or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1-11 ounce can dark red kidney beans
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon flour
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon prepared Dijon or brown mustard
- ⅜ cup vinegar
- ⅜ cup water
- Cook the corn per package directions. Cool, drain, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the pepper, onion, and celery. Add to the corn. Drain the kidney beans and add to the other vegetables and mix together.
- For the dressing, combine the sugar, flour, mustard, vinegar, and water in a medium saucepan. Cook until thick. Pour over the vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight in a covered dish.
More Summer Salad Recipes
Spaghetti Pasta Salad
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Classic Pesto Pasta Salad
Taco Salad for a Crowd
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
Corn Salad Recipe
Chicken Salad Recipe
Fresh Broccoli Salad Recipe
Copper Penny Carrot Salad
Four Bean Salad Recipe
Marinated Tomato Recipe
Homemade Freezer Cole Slaw Recipe