A homemade wassail recipe made from tea, juices of apple, orange, pineapple, and lemon along with cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Serve this hot spiced mulled cider on those cold fall and winter days.
This is also a nice choice to serve after ice skating, skiing, or Christmas caroling.
The flavors of apple, orange, and pineapple blend with the aromatic spices of cinnamon, cloves, and allspice will fill your home with the warm aromas of the holidays.
Turn on a bit of music and listen to the carols being played and enjoy a hot mug of delicious homemade spiced cider.
This particular version is non-alcoholic and uses ginger ale, but if you want to add a few cups of your favorite bourbon or whiskey instead, your adult friends will be happy!
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
You can also make this in a crock pot too!
Homemade Wassail Recipe
Homemade Wassail Recipe
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 8 cups sweet apple cider
- 1/2 cup very strong hot tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice unsweetened
- the juice of two lemons
- 2 cups ginger ale room temperature OR 2 cups your choice bourbon or whiskey
- Tie the allspice, cinnamon, and whole cloves in a cheese cloth bag.
- In a large heavy duty kettle, heat the apple cider along with the spice bag.
- Pour the hot tea over sugar to dissolve and combine in the kettle with cider.
- Add the orange, pineapple, and lemon juices to the cider. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Remove the spice bag.
- Add room temperature ginger ale or the bourbon/whiskey just before serving.
- Ladle into cups for serving.
An Easy Sangria Recipe For Brunch Or A Party