Hot Chocolate Mix
Make your own hot chocolate mix with this quick and easy recipe. This homemade hot chocolate recipe is made with dry milk, Nestle’s Quik, coffee creamer, and powdered sugar.
Homemade hot cocoa tastes great when the weather outside is chilly and you are looking for a hot beverage or drink to warm you up inside. It is also a nice alternative to coffee.
This easy recipe for hot cocoa mix tastes delicious and also makes a wonderful Christmas gift when bundled with a pair of coffee mugs and chocolate dipped spoons.
Hot cocoa is a delicious warm drink that both children and adults will love. Have the children help by letting them scoop the homemade drink mix into their favorite mugs while you heat the water. Add a few miniature marshmallows or whipped cream and there will be plenty of smiles to go around.
“Great Recipe! I have made this for years!” – Jerry C via FB
“Just like grandma made.” – Nancy T. via FB
Custom Hot Chocolate Mugs
Hey! Do you know someone who loves hot chocolate? Surprise them with an awesome customized gift. Check out these custom hot chocolate mugs on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
This hot cocoa mix recipe makes about 28 cups of hot chocolate.
- 1-8 quart box of dry powdered milk (25.6 ounce box)
- 2 pound box of Nestle's Quick
- 6 ounce jar of coffee mate powder
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Sealed plastic container- an ice cream bucket works well
- Mix all ingredients together in a large plastic container.
- This mix will keep well for quite a long time as long as it is kept sealed.
- To make hot chocolate: Use ⅓ cup of mix to 1 cup of boiling water.