A delicious frozen brandy slush recipe made with orange juice, lemonade, and green tea. Just add your favorite liquor like brandy, vodka, or whiskey.
Serve this mixed drink recipe as part of your Christmas brunch menu, a bridal shower brunch or for any special occasion.
I think brandy slush has been around for a lot of years. I remember my Mom serving it at parties back the early 1970’s – well before I was old enough to drink legally. If you live somewhere other than the Midwest, you might have made slush using vodka or whiskey, rather than brandy. Brandy seems to be more of a Midwest (particularly Wisconsin) kind of drink.
If you choose to use something besides brandy; the base is tasty and mixes well using vodka or whiskey too. The base of this slush contains green tea, along with orange and lemonade concentrates.
Mixing this slush with 7-Up, sour mix, or other clear carbonated soda allows you to adjust how strong or weak you want to make your drink. This keeps everyone happy when they can add in just the right amount of mixer to suit their own tastes.
Warning: This recipe makes a large batch so if you are unable to finish all of it, it will take up some space in your freezer. However, the slush does keep well in the freezer for at least 3 months, so you can enjoy it whenever the mood strikes. Just take a fork or spoon and stir it occasionally. This recipe easily serves 12 or more, which is enough for a party!
Make sure you start this recipe at least 24 hours ahead of when you want to serve it. Starting this two to three days ahead is better. It give the brandy slush enough time for the ice crystals to form. An empty ice cream pail works well for this slush.
Note: If you like a sweeter drink; use 7-Up for the mix. If you prefer more balance, use Sour Mix instead.
Antique and Vintage Punch Bowls
Hey! Have you been looking for an antique or vintage punch bowl set or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these antique and vintage punch bowls on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Vintage Brandy Slush Recipe
- 1-12 ounce orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed
- 1-12 ounce lemonade concentrate, slightly thawed
- 4 bags of green tea steeped in 2 cups of boiling water and let cool
- 2 cups sugar dissolved in 7 cups of very hot water
- 2 cups of liquor (your favorite)
- 1 additional cup of liquor (your favorite) (added later)
- 7-Up or Sour Mix
- Take 4 bags of green tea and steep in 2 cups of boiling water until desired strength and taste is reached. Let cool.
- Dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 7 cups of very hot tap water.
- Combine the tea liquid, sugar liquid, orange juice, lemonade, and 2 cups of liquor in a large plastic container with a rubber lid or an empty ice cream pail and mix well.
- Place the container in a freezer and stir every 2-3 hours.
- When the mixture starts getting slushy, pour in 1 more cup of your favorite liquor and stir together with a fork.
- Freeze for about 24 hours.
- Break apart with a fork every so often to keep large ice chunks from forming.
This serves 12 or more. Enough for a party!
Hot Cocoa Mix