An easy mimosa recipe made from Champagne, orange juice, and a splash of Grand Marnier Liqueur. Serve mimosas for a weekend breakfast, brunch, or special occasion.
While a mixed drink is not usually associated with early morning breakfasts and brunches, a Mimosa is one exception to the rule. The other may be a Bloody Mary.
The addition of a splash of champagne can add festiveness to your special occasion. Grand Marnier is a distinctive orange cognac that brings a deep flavor to this drink. There is a heady quality about it that seems to anchor the orange juice and champagne. I will warn you – a bottle of this costs plenty but it is meant as a sipping liqueur so you only need a splash in each drink.
Mimosas are an ideal cocktail recipe to serve for an Christmas brunch, Easter brunch, Mother’s day brunch, bridal brunch, breakfast in bed or just about any special occasion that is scheduled for earlier in the day.
Dress up this brunch drink by serving it in a champagne glass, champagne flute or any other tall stemware and garnishing with a slice of strawberry, a mint leaf, or a slice of orange.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
How many guests will a bottle of champagne and a 1 quart carton of orange juice serve? In my experience you should be able to serve about 6-8 people with 12 ounce servings with ice in each glass with this recipe for mimosas.
Easy Mimosa Recipe
Easy Mimosa Recipe
- A bottle of good quality champagne
- 1 quart of orange juice
- Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur optional
- Pre-Chill all ingredients.
- Gather 6-8 champagne flutes or other tall glassware.
- Fill each glass half full with ice and pour orange juice about 1/2 way up.
- Slowly pour in the champagne.
- Pour a splash of Grand Marnier Liqueur on top.
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry and serve these mimosas for breakfast or brunch.
- If you are wondering about the ratio of champagne to orange juice, it is mostly based on your own personal tastes. You can do equal amounts of Champagne and orange juice or even as high as 1 part orange juice to 3 parts champagne, topped with a splash of Grand Marnier.
Image © Lilyana Vynogradova – Fotolia.com
An Easy Sangria Recipe For Brunch Or A Party