Try this homemade Bloody Mary recipe made with vodka, tomato juice, celery salt, and lemon juice.
This is a fun drink recipe if you want to add a little sparkle to your weekend breakfast or brunch with a cocktail.
A friend of mine and myself cooked up this breakfast drink after a few trials and errors and were rather pleased with the results.
Making your own Bloody Mary is actually pretty easy and that way you can control the quality of ingredients and also make it to taste.
Some people like theirs quite spicy and others prefer more vegetables. You can practically create a salad if you want. One of the things we found out was the quality of the tomato juice made a lot of difference. I would personally recommend Sacramento Gold brand of tomato juice. It just seemed to have that deep, rich tomato flavor you are after in a drink like this.
You can also dress up your drink with fancy stuffed olives, dill pickles, celery stalks, wedges of lemon, or even a piece of bacon! Let yourself get creative. If you are serving this for a crowd, let your guests make their own to suit their own tastes.
Antique and Vintage Barware
Hey! Have you been looking for an antique or vintage drink glasses or barware or want to find one for a wedding or housewarming gift? Check out these antique and vintage drinking glasses and barware on Etsy. Really cool! On Etsy you can find so much more than just crafts. Check it out.
Homemade Bloody Mary Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Wedge of lemon
- 2 Jiggers (3 ounces) best quality vodka
- Generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Several shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 ounces tomato juice, chilled (I recommend Sacramento Gold)
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix both the kosher and celery salt in a shallow flat dish.
- Rub the rim of a 16-ounce glass with a wedge of lemon and dip the glass into the dish so that it clings to the rim.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce.
- Stir in the tomato juice with a long spoon.
- Add horseradish, sea salt, remaining celery salt, and pepper.
- Stir again and serve this drink recipe with a wedge of lemon.
- You may also add a dill pickle, olives, or a celery stalk. Serve with a beer chaser on the side, if desired.
Hot Cocoa Mix