A quick and easy sour cream fruit dip made with cottage cheese and sour cream and sweetened with honey. Serve with your favorite fresh fruits. Using honey as a sweetener makes this dip turn out silky smooth.
The flavors of coconut and grated orange peel complement just about any fruit including apples, strawberries, grapes, bananas, mangoes, and kiwi fruit.
You puree the cottage cheese in a blender to get the smooth consistency. You could also use an immersion blender to smooth out the cottage cheese.
This is one of my favorite ways to have fruit. There is just enough honey and confectioners sugar in the recipe to sweeten the fruit, but not be overbearing.
Serve this yummy dip with your favorite fruits that are in season and complement your breakfast or brunch with some color and additional pizazz.
Make this 2-3 hours ahead and refrigerate so the flavors have a chance to develop.
You can also find more fruit dip recipes here.
Sour Cream Fruit Dip Recipe
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- ¼ cup of finely chopped coconut
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange peel that has been finely grated (optional)
- ⅛ cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a kitchen blender, pulse and blend the cottage cheese just until smooth. This should take roughly 1 minute.
- Add in your sour cream and blend again.
- Add in the coconut, honey, orange peel, confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- Blend all ingredients well until very smooth.
- Spoon into a serving dish and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Serve this dip with a variety of fruit such as grapes, strawberries, bananas, kiwi fruit, or peach slices.
Makes about 2-1/2 cups.