A simple pancake recipe made with basic ingredients you have in the house. Serve these light and fluffy pancakes for breakfast or brunch.
There is something to be said for simplicity and many times that is all you need when it comes to pancakes. Top them with anything you want from pure maple syrup, homemade maple strawberry syrup, or blueberry sauce.
If you have ever been disappointed with the flavor of pre-packaged pancake mixes, but find yourself short on time for breakfast, this recipe goes together quickly. Serve hot and fresh pancakes for breakfast or brunch this weekend.
For variety, add in a handful of chocolate chips or fresh blueberries to the batter. The children will love it.
This recipe makes about 7-8 pancakes and serves 4. You can double the recipe if needed.
Simple Pancake Recipe For Light And Fluffy Pancakes
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and granulated sugar) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add in beaten eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir together with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Place approximately ¼ cup of batter and fry on a non-stick heated griddle or frying pan until bubbly and golden brown flipping once. You may need to add a bit of butter if you don't have a non-stick pan.
- Place on a plate between a clean towel to keep them warm until you are done frying.
More Pancake Recipes