An easy to make chocolate pudding ice cream that turns out silky smooth and chocolatey. Make some family fun with this easy homemade ice cream recipe. You can also find more homemade ice cream recipes here.
Chocolate pudding ice cream is made from whole milk, instant chocolate fudge pudding, sugar, and vanilla. What makes this recipe special is using instant chocolate fudge pudding instead of plain chocolate pudding. It adds a richness to the ice cream that is hard to resist.
This homemade ice cream recipe is a snap to make-just 10 minutes prep and process in your ice cream maker.
This extra thick, smooth, rich and creamy chocolate ice cream has a lot of body to it and is so simple to make.
Instant chocolate pudding is the secret to making this ice cream recipe turn out great time after time.
Easy Ice Cream Pudding Pops: After removing the ice cream from your freezer container, pour each evenly into paper cups. Insert a Popsicle stick into center of each cup. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Peel off paper cups just before serving.
Score a home run with your kids tonight and let them help you make this extra easy homemade chocolate pudding ice cream! You will be making a second batch very soon!
You also might like this Homemade Malted Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe with Chocolate Cookie Chunks.
Gourmet Ice Cream Toppings
Ice Cream Maker
This ice cream maker is similar to the one I use to make homemade ice cream. Mine is just an older version but the same brand and size.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream
- 1 Cup whole milk
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- (1) 3-1/2 ounce box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 2 Cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 quart electric ice cream freezer
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk in a medium bowl.
- Cover, refrigerate, and chill for 2 hours.
- Whisk again before pouring into your ice cream maker.
- Following the directions on your 1-1/2 quart ice cream maker, pour the mixture into the container and let mix until thick, about 15-20 minutes.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or if you want a firmer ice cream, transfer into an airtight freezer container and place in the freezer at least 2 hours.