Russian Teacake Cookies are an easy and fun Christmas cookie made with confectioners sugar and chopped pecans. Also known as snowball cookies, these powdered treats will melt in your mouth.
These are an annual favorite around our house at Christmas and it wouldn’t seem the same if we didn’t enjoy these at least once a year.
You can also make them up to a month ahead of time and freeze them in a cookie tin or a plastic container until you are ready to serve them. Just separate each layer with wax paper or parchment paper.
You could also substitute walnuts instead of pecans, but I think the pecans give a better flavor.
Russian Teacake Cookies
Russian Teacake Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter let sit out on counter for 2-3 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar aka. powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until incorporated and crumbly with an electric mixer.
- Add in the flour and salt.
- Once all is incorporated, add in the chopped pecans and mix together well.
- Chill until dough is firm (about 1-2 hours).
- Roll into 1″ balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees on an un-greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes. They should be firm to the touch and lightly browned.
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for five minutes and then roll each in a dish of confectioners sugar.
- Let cool and roll a second time to get the white snowball look.
- Roll in confectioners sugar immediately and then again when cool.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
Holiday Spice Cookies Recipe: Crispy On The Outside, Chewy On The Inside
Easy Praline Graham Crackers Recipe
Puppy Chow Snack With Chocolate And Peanut Butter