A recipe for homemade peanut butter cookies that will satisfy the most discriminating peanut butter lovers in your household.
There is something so tempting about homemade peanut butter cookies. It might be the heady aroma of peanut butter that comes from your kitchen when they are baking or just the way they melt in your mouth.
With my Christmas baking in full swing, I keep finding myself going back to my tried and true favorites when I dig out my cookbooks. As an avid lover of peanut butter, this is one of my all-time favorite recipes and one I make almost every year for Christmas.
This particular recipe has quite a bit more peanut butter in it than others and because of this it gives you a true deep rich flavor. The amount of butter in the recipe doesn’t hurt either!
So, the question of the day is crunchy or creamy? Actually I will leave it up to you as to your own personal preference. I prefer crunchy, but I have made them with either type of peanut butter and they are equally good no matter which one you choose.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
This recipe originally came from my Grandmother, but my mom perfected the recipe and made them what I remember growing up as a child.
Note: These are delicious but very delicate. Treat them with care when placing them in a container. Also, they do not travel well unless packed carefully.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 7/8 cup white granulated sugar
- 7/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and both sugars together until light and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and cream together with the butter and sugars.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites in two small separate dishes. Add in only the egg yolks and beat until incorporated. (Save the egg whites and use them for another recipe.)
- Add in the vanilla and stir.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful on to baking sheets, spacing evenly apart.
- Fill a bowl with 1/4 white granulated sugar. Take a dinner fork, dip it into the bowl of sugar and use it to press each cookie down on the baking sheet, leaving the fork marks in place.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown. Pay attention to the last few minutes of baking so as not to let the cookies get too brown. They can burn easily if not watched.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the pan for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- These cookies are very tender and will crush easily, so don't try to remove them from the pan too soon.
- Once cooled completely, transfer them into an airtight container for storage.
More Holiday Cookie Recipes
Puppy Chow Snack With Chocolate And Peanut Butter
Easy Praline Graham Crackers Recipe
2 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies”
My brother has not long on this Earth and would love to have some home made peanut butter cookies.
I got him some Maryland crab cakes, non frozen, sent to him and now would like to fulfill this for him.
THis would make a great Christmas gift. any chance you sell them?
I could pay you thru paypal asap if you do.
They look absolutely delicious!!
I am sorry, I do not sell them, but feel free to print the recipe and find someone local to make them if you like.
I would warn you that this particular cookie is very delicate and does not travel or ship well, so I really don’t know if this would be the best recipe for your situation. They are tasty though!