A recipe for fresh Southern peach cobbler made with fresh peaches and a cake-like batter. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream for dessert or brunch.
When peaches are in season, this recipe is a family favorite and tastes like it just came out of Grandma’s kitchen. It is easy to put together and uses ingredients that you normally have on hand.
You could even use fresh nectarines instead of peaches. You can also use frozen or canned peaches in this recipe – the variations are noted below. I know many of you do not have good fresh peaches available at certain times of the year.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups fresh peaches
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 Medium mixing bowls
- 2 quart round glass casserole dish or 9" x 9" glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the fresh peaches and ¾ cup granulated sugar. Set aside and let stand while mixing the batter..
- In a glass casserole dish or cake pan, melt ½ cup (one stick) of butter.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Beat in the milk until the lumps are gone. Pour the batter into the melted butter. Do not stir.
- Spoon the sliced peaches over the top of the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
***If using canned peaches in heavy syrup, omit the initial ¾ cup granulated sugar.
***If using canned peaches with light syrup, reduce sugar to ¼-1/3 cup.
***If using frozen peaches, thaw the peaches completely ahead of time and use the amount of sugar called for in the recipe (3/4 cup).
More Old-Fashioned Dessert Recipes
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
Are you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works.
Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points.
No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app.
Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX
You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List