A fruity rum punch recipe made with light rum, the juices of pineapple, lemon, and orange and mixed with ginger ale. Serve this rum drink for your next holiday party.
With New Year’s eve right around the corner, many of you are still in the full swing of holiday entertaining and I wanted to share this recipe for rum punch with you. This is an easy drink to make for a party and the nice thing about it is you can mix all of the fruit juices ahead of time in the afternoon and have it chilled and ready to go for your evening party. Just hold off adding the ginger ale until you are ready to serve.
This is an alcoholic punch that has just the right mix of sweetness from the fruit juices and carbonation from the ginger ale, with the rum giving it a bit of added depth and richness.
One of the more interesting aspects of this recipe is using confectioners sugar, instead of granulated sugar for sweetening. By using confectioners sugar, you eliminate any grittiness from undissolved plain sugar.
The addition of maraschino cherries into the punch bowl adds a nice touch of color, and taste great too. If you like, add a bright red table covering underneath the punch bowl and make it a centerpiece of the evening.
Rum punch is something that can be made for any occasion. You can serve this for a bridal shower brunch, wedding brunch or a summer garden party. All you need to do is decorate for the occasion and make it your own.
Oh, and if you are missing a punch bowl, you can instead use a large pitcher for the rum and fruit juice mixture and have each guest mix their own cup with the amount of ginger ale they want.
***Tip*** If you are having a large party, make a second batch of this punch but hold off adding the ginger ale until you are ready to serve. Place in a serving pitcher for easy pouring and refrigerate. When the bowl needs refilling, your mixture will be ready to go. Just add more ginger ale.
You can also find more punch recipes here.
Fruity Rum Punch Recipe
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- Juice of 6 lemons (about 1 cup)
- Juice of 6 oranges (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 fifths of light rum (about 40 ounces or 5 cups)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 1-1/2 quarts ginger ale
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries, drained
- Large ice ring or block of ice
- In a large punch bowl, add the pineapple juice and the juice of 6 lemons and 6 oranges.
- Stir in 1-1/2 fifths of good quality light rum.
- With a whisk mix in confectioner's sugar and stir until dissolved.
- When ready to serve, stir in the ginger ale. Drain the jar of maraschino cherries well and discard the juice. Add the cherries into the punch.
- Add an ice ring or large block of ice and this rum punch recipe is ready to serve.